Data & Participation Officer
Irish Sailing is the National Governing Body recognised by Sport Ireland for all forms of competitive and recreational activities involving sail and engine powered craft. Due to the continued roll out and implementation Irish Sailing’s Strategic Plan, we are looking to appoint a Data and Participation Officer to join Irish Sailing’s professional team.
This is a dual role that combines meeting the increased demand for the collection and analysis of activity and membership data, as well as linking the development and delivery of Irish Sailing’s different Participation Programmes. The Data and Participation Officer will work closely with the Development Team, Communications and Support Services Team to deliver the objectives of the Role.
Ideally, the candidate will be an active sailor with a broad knowledge of Irish Sailing, including the structures and relationships with Clubs, Class Associations and Training Centres, Irish Sailing training schemes as well as racing & competition structures within the sport. They will also require qualifications and experience in data analysis.
The Data and Participation Officer will take charge of of Irish Sailing’s data recording systems and analysis. In addition he/she will provide the link to support the development & delivery of Irish Sailing’s participation programmes.
Responsibilities – Data
- Supporting the Development of the Integrated Results platform for race management and data collection and to bring it to conclusion
- Supporting the review for the collection of Training data and overseeing any changes that may be required as a result.
- Uploading and managing annual membership data from Irish Sailing affiliated clubs and centres and using this data to create a clear picture of the sailing community in terms of demographics and trends
- Review of Irish Sailing’s existing software systems for recording data, and recommend changes required.
Responsibilities – Participation
- Professional support for the Participation and Inclusion Policy Group
- Support the development and delivery of Irish Sailing’s Participation programmes (Try Sailing, Women on the Water, Inclusion, Schools, ICRA U25’s etc)
- Co-ordination of Irish Sailing’s Team Racing Programme
- Support and delivery of Irish Sailing’s training programmes (Instructor Training, Coach Training, Inclusion Training, Safeguarding, Centre Inspections)
The successful candidate will:
- Have a knowledge of Club and Training Centre structures and activities. Report directly to Irish Sailing’s Chief Executive and support him with the delivery of Irish Sailing’s annual operational plan agreed by the Board.
- Have good racing knowledge and experience
- Have initiative, be flexible, creative and have the ability to work within a small team environment
- Have high levels of energy, enthusiasm and commitment. He/she will be well organised and be capable of communicating effectively.
- Will have a professional and proactive style with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be computer literate with IT skills and experience of Microsoft office applications
- Have a 3rd Level Qualification in Data Analytics
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Letter of application and CV should be sent to Harry Hermon, Chief Executive by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10th September 2021.